EZ X Decapper Pins
The Lee Precision EZ X Expander (shown installed in a cut-away Lee Precision die in the image at right) provides several unique features:
- A collet type decapper clamp holds the EZ X Expander perfectly centered in the die and allows the decapper to slide harmlessly up, preventing decapper breakage if an obstruction is encountered.
- The shank is so strong you can drive out a stuck case without damage
- The long guided neck expansion area is located to begin expanding as soon as the neck leaves the die at the presses' maximum position
- A tapered area expands sub calibers when case forming, quickly and effortlessly reforms dented or squashed necks.
- The super strong bearing grade steel decapper is almost unbreakable.
To select the proper replacement EZ X Expander, locate your die set in the drop-down menu below. Or scroll down the page for more details.
The Lee Precision EZ X Expanders listed on this page are replacement decapper pins for Lee Precision dies only. They do not include dies or shell holders.
From Lee Precision:
Within the last 5 years, we've been converting our decappers over to stressproof steel.
The most common reasons being Berdan primed cases, military primed cases and when the pin hits the side of the flash hole. We have also seen some newer cases where the primer hole is drilled off center, which of course will then hit the case and bend/break the rod. Another common culprit of broken decappers is foreign cases that have undersized flash holes. These cases can either cause your pin to break or pull the pin out of the rod.
Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027