Lee Precision Mold Double Cavity 476-400-RF
This Lee Precision Double Cavity Bullet Mold produces .476 diameter, 400 grain round nose bullets suitable for .475 Linebaugh and .480 Ruger. This mold, like all Lee Precision molds, is made from aluminum and so is completely rust resistant, lighter, and heats up and cools down faster than other brands made from iron or steel. As a result, Lee molds are easier to use, cause less operator fatigue during casting and can produce more consistent bullets than other brands made from iron or steel. Lee's mold blocks are CNC machined to provide unmatched precision.
Handles and sprue plate are included. The bullet weight specified is based on using Lee's suggested alloy, your results may vary depending on the actual alloy used.
- Hardwood handles
- Hard anodized sprue plate
- Two Aluminum mold block halves
- Produces a bullet that fits .475 Linebaugh, .480 Ruger.
- Bullet diameter: .476 inches
- Bullet weight: 400 grains (with Lee's suggested alloy)
- Bullet overall length: N/A
- Distance from nose to first lube groove: N/A
- Bullet shape: Round nose
- Ballistic Coefficient: N/A
- 2 bullets are produced with each casting.
- Mold block halves are CNC machined from aluminum for exacting precision.
- A tangential cutoff helps reduce the nip at cutoff.
- Bullet mold will be damaged & bullet will be poor quality unless lubricated. FS Reloading recommends Frankford Arsenal Cleancast Lead Fluxing Compound or Frankford Arsenal Drop out Bullet Mold Release and Lube Aerosol.
- The Lee Precision Melter 110 V is the best method of melting your metal. Heat control is simple & your best bullets are poured with the Lee Ladle.
- Before handling lead or case lube, FS Reloading recommends Tipton Vinyl Gloves
- For Load Data information try HODGDON Powder Co.
- The following lead information is from the Lee Precision Modern Reloading 2nd Edition Book, Pages 119 & 120.
- For best results, bullet strength must be matched to breech pressure.
- Black Powder guns require Pure Lead.
- Target handgun loads should use Lead with 1% Tin. Tin makes bullet alloy more castable & harder.
- Lead with some wheel weights used for high pressure handguns.
- Use Wheel Weights for very light rifle loads.
- High Pressure Rifle loads use Linotype.
- Beware of Zinc! One part Zinc in 10,000 parts of Lead Alloy will ruin it's castability.
WARNING: Melting lead and casting lead objects will expose you and others in the area to lead which is known to cause birth defects, other reproductive harm and cancer.
USE STRONG VENTILATION
Lead contamination in the air, dust and on your skin is invisible. Keep Children and pregnant women away during use and until clean-up is complete. Risk can be reduced, BUT NOT eliminated , with strong ventilation. Washing hands immediately after use of these products before eating or smoking. Careful cleaning of surfaces and floors with disposable wipes, after lead dust has settled. Use lead-specific cleaner with EDTA or high phosphate detergent (such as dishwasher detergent). Bag wipes for disposal.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR LOADS
FACTORS THAT WILL INCREASE PRESSURES. SOME WILL BE DANGEROUS:
- DO NOT USE more powder than recommended
- DO NOT USE a heavier bullet than recommended
- DO NOT SEAT the bullet deeper than normal
- DO NOT USE magnum primers unless using a slow burning ball powder
- Greatly oversize bullets, excessively hard bullets or cases that are too long will cause higher pressures
- High temperatures or cartridges that were stored in a hot car or trunk will produce higher pressures
Ammunition reloading can be dangerous if done improperly, and should not be attempted by persons not willing and able to read and follow the instructions included with each product exactly.
- Always wear safety glasses when reloading and shooting.
- Ammunition loaded with these tools should be used in modern guns, in good condition.
- Children should not be permitted to reload ammunition without strict parental supervision.
- Primers and gun powders, like gasoline and matches, can be dangerous if improperly handled or misused.
- We do not accept responsibility for ammunition loaded with these tools, as we have no control over the manufacture and storage of components or the loading procedure and techniques used.
Help for product 90241
Lee Precision Mold Double Cavity 476-400-RF
- Brand: Lee Precision
- Product Code: 90241
- Reward Points: 19
- Availability: In Stock
- MSRP: $26.98
- MPN: 90241
- Material: Aluminum, Steel, Wood
- Color: Aluminum, Black, Wood
- Condition: new
- Country of Origin: United States
- Package Quantity: 1
- Product Weight: 0.9 lbs
- UPC: 734307902414
- Status: New
- Shipping Restrictions: No
- Carrier Restrictions: No
- DOT Regulated: No
- Calibers: 475 Linebaugh.
- Bullet Type: Round with Flat
- Bullet Weight: 400 grain
- Bullet Length: .890 inches
- Bullet Diameter: .476 inches
- Nose to Crimp Groove: .380 inches
- Price in reward points: 1098